Spicy Mango Bowtie Pasta
- by Chef Ayo Omojola
1 bag of bowtie pasta
1 teaspoon of Bandar Mango Sauce
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoon of butter
2 teaspoons coconut creme
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
1 fistful of fresh rosemary, cleaned
1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon of balsamic
3 tablespoons of fresh grated parmigianno reggiano
- Set the water in a pot, with a fire set to high
- Add the following to the water:
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- Half fist of rosemary
- Teaspoon of
- coconut creme
- Stir all the ingredients together, and bring the water to a boil
- At this point, start preparing the sauce.
- Add the bow tie pasta. Boil and stir until it reaches your desired level of firmness
- Strain the pasta. Save 1.5 cups of water, preferably from the bottom of the pot, to add to the sauce.
- In an iron skillet, bring the the heat to medium, and add a teaspoon of butter
- Crush and chop the garlic. Add all 3 cloves to the skillet
- Add a teaspoon of salt
- Dice the red onion, add it to the skillet, along with a teaspoon of bandar sauce. Stir until lightly browned.
- Add a teaspoon of
- crushed black pepper,
- red pepper flakes
- coconut creme
- Continue to stir until mixed in
- Add the teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- Stir and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Turn the heat on the skillet to high, and add the strained water to the skillet. Add the 3 tablespoons of cheese to the sauce, and stir 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Add the pasta to the sauce in the skillet. Mix it in.